Windows vista

just as the name says chat about anything here

Postby ProHandyman on Thu May 03, 2007 8:32 am

My guess is one of three things (since I haven't used Winme2 :lol: )is that your missing a codec, an add on, or your thought of having to step up to "ultimate".

Are you taking video clips and burning your own DVDs? Try doing everything through Windows Movie Maker.

Your best bet? Roxio's Disk Creator, or Nero Burning ROM. Both have patches out for their latest versions to work in Vista. I usually recommend Roxio for newbies, though I started there, and went to Nero because it has some more powerful tools in creation of bootable media, etc.

M$s OS "freebies" have almost always been "letdowns". They do what they're supposed too, but just barely! Why M$ can't just give us an OS, then sell ad on packs is a mystery to me... OH! if they did that, they probably wouldn't be a monopolist! :evil:
ProHandyman
frog
frog

Postby witchy on Thu May 03, 2007 12:34 pm

ya i know i can use other softwear do do what i want but i liked the idea of not having to. ill have to look in movie maker i didnt relize it had a format thing in there so theyd play on dvd player.
witchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby witchy on Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:58 pm

got fed up fighting with vista and its just not user frindly i reinstalled xp.
witchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Let's just hope by SP1 that they get the user expirience straightened out! If you had "dual booted" in the beginning, you could go back and forth. That's what I did when XP came out. I still have a Win98SE partition with WinMe file over-writes, and it's great for old games, and for reference when I run across an older machine that needs some TLC.

Good to see you haven't taken the summer off!

:P

Postby ProHandyman on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:15 pm

OPPS! Forgot to log in on last post! :oops: Forgot I have switched over to FireFox, and needed to relogin!
ProHandyman
frog
frog

Previous

Return to General Chat