newest case mod

just as the name says chat about anything here

newest case mod

Postby witchy on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:12 am

this computer is for a teen age guy. it was just a dell deminsion 2400. i got the mod parts to mod it from http://www.directron.com. The window kit i got was called hell fire red and it was anything but. they should call it flamming pink. As the fan and the light in the kit were very very pink. so getting the window kit alone would have been better. as they wouldnt replace the pink likght i ordered a 12 red light to match the ones i had also got from them for the front of the case. The window once the hole was the right size wasnt very hard to install. the trick to cutting the window hole the right side is laying the washer they include flat on the table next to the glass and putting your pencil in the hole of the washer so you have like a 1/4 inch extra space around the glass opening. Plazma cutters work great for cutting cases there was only a small lip that i had to twist off with plyers. but sence the hole was to small to begin with i ended up using the nippers included in the kit i got 2xs around to make the hole the right size.
the etching i just printed a picture online and taped it to the glass then used a portable dremal to etch.

witchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Chat