slapping

funny kid storys, need advice on, or give advice on kids.

slapping

Postby witchy on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:39 am

k so my 2 1/2 yea old thinks slapping you across the face is a good a way to get your way, when your angry or tired. any ideas how to discurage this behavor? seams like slapping his hand or butt for hitting would send a confuzing message. and he is still a bit small to understand the whole time out and stand in one spot concept.
witchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby h3rb on Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:01 pm

Been through this with each of my kids. As soon as they smack your face, you do it right back to them enough for it to "sting". I am not talking about nailing them in the face and knockin em out. But just enough for them to understand that it hurts. Then you explain to them that it's not right and that's why.

It's worked on all 3 kids.
h3rb
tadpole
tadpole

Postby skyblu on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:48 pm

I have to agree with herb, That's how I taught my daughter not to. Seems like it is backwards to teach them not to hit by hitting them, but it shows them how it feels when they do it to someone else.
skyblu
tadpole
tadpole

Postby witchy on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:32 pm

humm that wont be easy for me, atm im using the guilt trip, look really hurt and sad, this alone makes him cry and kiss me where he hit me so i think he knows it hurts. but seams his memory is kinda short cuz he keeps doin it. ty for advice ill keep it in mind, hopefully he get over this quicker than the bitting stage :shock: lol think i still have scars from that one.
witchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Naysa on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:56 pm

How I "cured" you of slapping...I just cried my heart out. It only took three or four times and you got the message. It was hard at times because you would cry and I felt bad. But after a min we would "make up"
Naysa
tadpole
tadpole

Postby witchy on Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:18 pm

lol i tryed that when this was a problem and maybe its just a boy thing but he thought that makin mommy cry was kinda cool so hed work at doing it. sitting in the corner seamed to work best.
witchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to kids