VICKS VAPO RUB

share your recipes, looking for a recipe?, cooking tips, anything that is helpfull around the home. Stuff like that

VICKS VAPO RUB

Postby witchy on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:16 am

VICKS VAPO RUB > During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told > us how the foot soles can absorb oils. > Their example: Put garlic on your feet and > > within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.. > > > Some of us have used Vicks Vapo rub for years > for everything from chapped lips to sore toes > and many body parts in between. > But I've never heard of this. > And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, > although the scientists who discovered it > aren't sure why. > To stop night time coughing in a child > (or adult as we found out personally), > put Vicks Vapo rub generously on the bottom > of the feet at bedtime, > then cover with socks. > Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing > will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped > for many, many hours of relief. > Works 100% of the time and is more effective > in children than even very strong prescription > cough medicines. > In addition it is extremely soothing and > > comforting and they will sleep soundly. > > > Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked > up this guy talking about why cough medicines > in kids often do more harm than good, > due to the chemical makeup of these strong > drugs so, I listened. > It was a surprise finding and found to be > more effective than prescribed medicines > for children at bedtime, in addition to have > a soothing and calming effect on sick children > > who then went on to sleep soundly. > > > My wife tried it on herself when she had a > very deep constant and persistent cough a few > weeks ago and it worked 100%! > She said that it felt like a warm blanket had > enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few > minutes and believe me, this was a deep, > ( incredibly annoying!) every few seconds > uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free > > for ho ur s every night that she used it. > > > If you have grandchildren, pass this on. > If you end up sick, try it yourself and you > > will be absolutely amazed at how it works. >
witchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VICKS VAPO RUB

Postby witchy on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 am

havent tryed it yet but figured id share.
witchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Recipes and cookin tips, helpful household stuff